Lightning sign 2019 first-round draft pick Nolan Foote
- Seattle close to naming Ron Francis GM
- Blackhawks trade F Anisimov to Senators
- Caps re-sign F Vrana to 2-year deal
- Wild re-sign Donato, Sturm, Soucy
- D Del Zotto back to Ducks on 1-year deal
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed 2019 first-round draft pick Nolan Foote to a three-year entry level contract.
The Lightning took the 18-year old forward from Kelowna of the Western Hockey League 27th overall. He is the younger brother of the Lightning's 2017 first-round pick Cal Foote and the son of former NHL defenseman Adam Foote.
Foote had 36 goals and 63 points in 66 games during the 2018-19 season.
The signing was announced Tuesday.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 25, 2019