Lightning's Callahan diagnosed with back disease
- Seattle close to naming Ron Francis GM
- Blackhawks trade F Anisimov to Senators
- Caps re-sign F Vrana to 2-year deal
- Wild re-sign Donato, Sturm, Soucy
- D Del Zotto back to Ducks on 1-year deal
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Callahan has been diagnosed with degenerative back disease and will be placed on long-term injury reserve.
Team vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois made the announcement Thursday, saying the 34-year-old Callahan has "degenerative disk disease of the lumbar spine."
Callahan appeared in 52 games last season, finishing with seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points. He has 186 goals and 386 points in 757 career games with Tampa Bay and the New York Rangers.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 20, 2019