Red Wings recall D McIlrath, send D Sulak to AHL
- Avs rally, top Flames in OT for 3-1 lead
- Bruins hold off Leafs, even series at 2
- Stars chase Rinne in rout to tie series
- Hobbled 'Canes try to even Caps at 2-2
- Jets seeking home breakthrough vs. Blues
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Red Wings recalled defenseman Dylan McIlrath from Grand Rapids of the AHL under emergency conditions and assigned defenseman Libor Sulak to Grand Rapids.
The 26-year-old McIlrath had a goal and eight assists in 49 games for Grand Rapids this season. He was acquired by Detroit from Florida on March 1, 2017, along with a third-round draft pick in exchange for Thomas Vanek. McIlrath last played in the NHL for the Panthers during the 2016-17 season.
He has three goals and two assists and 43 NHL games.
Sulak was recalled by Detroit on Wednesday but has been out for two games due to illness.
The Red Wings play at San Jose on Monday night.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 24, 2019