White Sox pitcher Giolito exits start with tight hamstring
- DeGrom tries to cool off red-hot Giants
- All-Stars Verlander, Minor face off
- Nats look to gain more ground on Braves
- Twins send out ace Odorizzi against A's
- Sale snaps Fenway skid, BoSox 2-hit Jays
CHICAGO (AP) White Sox pitcher Lucas Giolito has left Tuesday's start against the Kansas City Royals because of tightness in his left hamstring.
Giolito seemed to feel discomfort throwing a 1-1 pitch to Alex Gordon with two outs in the third inning. He stretched it and took a few warmup tosses before heading to the dugout. Ryan Burr struck out Gordon.
Giolito did not allow a run or hit in 2 2/3 innings. The 24-year-old right-hander struck out five, walked one and hit a batter.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 17, 2019