Orioles rookie manager Brandon Hyde gets 1st ejection
- Astros place OF Springer on injured list
- Gibson cruises as Twins beat White Sox
- Correa lifts Astros over Red Sox in 9th
- Padres hit team-record 7 HRs, rout Jays
- A's hold on vs. M's for 8th straight win
BOSTON (AP) Baltimore Orioles rookie manager Brandon Hyde was ejected for the first time, tossed in the fifth inning Monday against the Boston Red Sox.
Hyde came out to challenge the "slide rule" after a force play scored a run. Once the call was upheld, he came out to argue with first base umpire Mark Wegner and was ejected.
With runners on first and third with no outs, Steve Pearce hit a roller to third. Rio Ruiz made the throw to second, where Jonathan Villar made a late throw to first just as Rafael Devers was sliding into the bag and came up a bit.
Baltimore leads 4-1.
Updated April 15, 2019